Home Defense Essentials | Module I
"Safeguarding the Castle"
Course Length: 4.0 Hours
Prerequisite: Defensive Pistol I, Defensive Rifle I or Defensive Shotgun I
Class Size: 10 -20 participants
Ammunition and/ or required gear are not included in the course cost
20% Discount for Law Enforcement, Military, NAAGA and NRA members
15% Discount for followers of Clubhouse | Firearms and Combatives HQ
This course is taught in conjunction with Panther Protection Services, and consists of both classroom and live-fire instruction.
The Home Defense Essentials (Module I) "Safeguarding the Castle (STC)" is a four hour course designed to enhance a homeowner’s defensive skills by presenting reality-based training scenarios in which participants employ and utilize their chosen defensive firearm platform. Our primary focus is helping homeowners understand how to “Establish a Position of Dominance,” in the event that they need to defend themselves and/or family in response to a home invasion.
This is an intermediate level course; participants must already possess a strong command of basic firearm safety concepts and a strong proficiency in the manipulation and operation of their chosen home defense firearm. Regardless your level of skill, however, this course will undoubtedly prove to be an essential skills builder and serve to make you a better defender of yourself and your family.
Key Topics Covered
• Firearm Selection (types, considerations and practical applications)
• Firearm "Set-up" (accessories, prepping and staging)
• Ammunition Selection (types and ballistic performances and "penetration")
• The Body’s Natural Reactions to Danger
• Intuitive Defensive Shooting Basics
• The Balance of Speed and Precision
• Understanding the Speed of Violence
• Managing Space - "Corners, Doors, Hallways and more!"
• Maintaining Continuity of Fire (tactical and emergency reloading)
• Understanding Malfunctions
• Introduction to Low-Light Shooting Concepts (time permitting)
• Responding to a Home Invasion | Calling 911, what to say and do
• Safe Rooms/ Safe Areas
• Developing the Family Plan
• Incorporating the K9 into your Home Defense Plan
Topics Covered (Time Permitting)
Below are the topics we will cover time permitting:
• Developing the Family Plan
• Understanding Cover and Concealment
• Training for the Speed of Violence
• Home Defense Tactical Considerations -Holding Ground -Taking Ground -Tactical Escape -Clearing the dwelling
• Tailoring your Home Defense Training
• Incorporating the K9 in Your Home Defense Plan
• Introduction to Low Light Engagement
Workout attire or Daily Wear* (Both a short and Long Sleeve shirt, long pants, comfortable footwear)
Sport Undergarments (for women)
Running or Cross-Trainer Style Athletic Shoes or Boots
Clear Eye Protection**
Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection equipped with microphone recommended)
Mask or Face Covering (Required COVID-19 Protocol)**
Handgun, Sub-gun, Rifle or Shotgun (choose one platform type)
Handgun holster (recommended but not required)
Rifle or shotgun sling (recommended but not required)
Weapon mounted tactical flashlight or handheld tactical flashlight
A minimum of 200 rounds of ammunition
Body armor, chest rig or plate carrier (optional)
If bringing a shotgun, no birdshot please…must be at least #4 shot, recommended 00 or 000 buck). Steel cased and steel core ammunition is prohibited.
Bring the primary firearm you use for home defense (Handgun, Shotgun or Carbine). If your primary defensive tool is a handgun, please bring at least 3 magazines; If your primary defensive tool is a shotgun, please bring an additional shotgun shell carrier (buttstock ammo sleeve, side carrier or shell belt); If your home defense tool is a carbine, please bring at least one spare magazine. You will also need a weapons mounted light or handheld flashlight. Ear and eye protection are mandatory, kneepads not required but highly recommended.
Bring your lunch, water, Gatorade etc
* This is a nominally physically demanding class but do please consider that clothing may become torn, dirty or sweaty.
** Eye protection and ear protection is not included in the cost of the course but can be purchased for 5. US Dollars.
COVID 19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Individual temperature readings will be taken before the start of the class
Social distancing observed (During verbal instruction)
Face Masks and/ or Face Shields Required
Face masks will be available for purchase 2. US
Face Shields are available for purchase 20. US